Do you need quick cash to cover emergency expenses? Let’s face it, unplanned expenses show up every time, and sometimes you might be unable to foot the bills, especially when you’re still days away from your next payday. Online payday loans in California provide immediate credit, payable when you receive your next paycheck.
What exactly are online payday loans? Online payday loans are short-term loans, usually for a small amount – between $500 – $1000, to be repaid with the borrower’s next paycheck.
This loan comes with high-interest rates but is often paid to people with bad or non-existent credit. Interestingly, you only need a bank account, an ID, and proof of recurring income to qualify for this type of loan.
In this article, I’ll walk you through how an online payday loan works and where you can find online payday loans in California.
Table of Contents
What are payday loans?
A payday loan is a short-term loan to help cover your immediate financial needs until you get your next paycheck. The main benefit is fast access to the cash you need, deposited directly into your bank account. It can be applied online or in person at any loan institution.
In California, people use online payday loans because it is fast and easy to access. However, Payday loans charge borrowers high levels of interest and do not require any collateral, making them a type of unsecured personal loan. In contrast to an installment loan, the balance of a payday loan is usually due in full by the next pay date.
What’s the difference between a payday loan and an online payday loan?
A Payday Loan requires you to visit your local store to complete the loan process and leave with your cash. On the other hand, the entire transaction for Online Payday Loans takes place online. Funds are deposited into your account as early as the following business day.
To qualify for a payday loan, you must have the following:
- A valid, open, and active checking account
- A steady source of income
- A government-issued photo ID
- An active phone number
- A valid email address
There are criteria you must meet to qualify for a payday loan, and they include:
- You should be 18 years of age or older,
- You must live in the state you chose for your loan application.
- You must not be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or intend to file for bankruptcy relief voluntarily.
- You must demonstrate a consistent source of recurring income, such as employment, disability, retirement, self-employment, or another source of income.
- You should earn at least $800 per month, and
- You must show proof of an open, active bank account for at least one month. Customers in California must show proof of an active, personal checking account that has been open for at least one month.
Now that you know what payday loans are and the requirements you need to qualify for this type of loan, we must consider the credible institutions that provide online payday loans in California.
Online payday loans in California
Several institutions offer online payday loans in California, but for the sake of this article, let’s review the top 5 available options.
1. ACE Cash Express
ACE Cash Express allows borrowers to apply for a payday loan online or in-store from $100 – $255. Interestingly, if approved for this loan, you can receive instant access to a debit card for subsequent loans.
There are three ways you can receive funds from ACE, and they include:
- Funds delivered to you through a qualifying debit card.
- Funds deposited into your bank overnight.
- You can also pick up funds from their ACE Cash Express stores.
How to qualify for a loan with ACE Cash Express
For this type of loan, anyone is free to apply, and the process is quick and easy. Also, all you need to qualify is a few pieces of information. Let’s review the helpful information you’ll need to apply online:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Proof of a recurring source of income, such as employment, disability, retirement, self-employment, or another source of income
- They also require proof of an active bank account that has been open for at least one month. Customers in California must show proof of an active, personal checking account that has been open for at least one month.
Moneytree, Inc., another institution that provides easy credit to borrowers, is licensed by the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation. They offer direct lending and will never sell your information. They’re reliable and fast. After application, the Moneytree team will tell you how much you qualify to borrow in minutes.
With Moneytree, you can borrow up to $255. However, several things can limit the amount you borrow. They include
- Your earnings
- The data you enter on your loan application
- Your Moneytree credit history
- The information in your consumer report provided by a consumer reporting agency,
- Information about your lending activity contained in a state-maintained database.
A payday loan costs about $17.65 for every $100 borrowed. For example, a $100 loan due in 14 days would have a total repayment of $117.65.
How to qualify for a loan with Moneytree
Below are some of the requirements to qualify for a loan with Moneytree:
- Identification and social security number (or alien registration number or ITIN)
- Physical address and phone number
- Documents proving the source and amount of your earnings
- Account opening information
3. NetPay Advance
Get a $255 payday loan online the same day with NetPay Advance —no credit check required. They’re a state-licensed direct lender of payday loans to residents of California.
Net Pay Advance has numerous security measures in place. They keep their security measures up to date with cutting-edge technology and ongoing team security awareness training.
Your information is secure when you apply for their $255 payday loans in California. Most importantly, they do not sell your personal information, and you can complete the application process in 5 minutes. They also grant borrowers the opportunity to extend their due date by three days.
How to qualify for a loan with NetPay Advance
With NetPay Advance, the maximum loan you can borrow is $255. The finance charge on $100 is $17.65, while the finance charge on $200 is $35.30, payable in 14 days and 30 days, respectively. Here are some essential things for your application process:
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- You must have an account in your name that has been active for more than 30 days.
- You must be a California resident.
4. Cash Factory USA
In California, Cash Factory USA provides payday loans. They provide a simple application, a quick decision based on your qualifications, and money in your account by the next business day. Cash Factory USA provides up to $255 online payday loans in California.
The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation regulates and inspects all lending activity. Cash Factory USA cannot use the criminal process to collect any deferred deposit transaction from a customer.
How to qualify for an online payday loan with Cash Factory USA
The application process is easy and fast – it can be completed within minutes with instant cash access. Below are some requirements to qualify for an online payday loan with Cash Factory, USA.
- Your total loan amount cannot exceed $255.
- Your loan term cannot be longer than 31 days.
- You must consider the fee schedule as well as the APR.
- You must have an active checking account.
5. Check Into Cash
Check Into Cash has numerous locations throughout California. When you’re short on cash and need assistance paying your bills, you can turn to Check Into Cash for a simple Payday Loan. You can receive up to $255.
You can complete your loan application online or at one of their store locations, but choose the appropriate channel before submitting your application. The application process is simple, fast, safe, secure, and encrypted.
How to qualify for an online payday loan with Check Into Cash
Depending on your location, Check Into Cash provides various loan products, services, terms, and rates. However, there are specific requirements you’ll need to qualify for a loan with Check Into Cash:
- An Active Bank Account
- Government-Issued Photo ID
- Proof of Income
- Most Recent Bank Statement
- Checking Account + Bank Routing Number
- Social Security Number/ITIN
For this article, I’ve reviewed the best online loans in California. I checked interest rates, security features, loan amounts, eligibility, and other benefits attached when applying for online payday loans in California.
Did you find this article helpful? I’m sure you did. Subscribe to our newsletter, so you’ll always be among the first to know when a new article drops.