We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time we decide to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Penny Calling Penny, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of www.pennycallingpenny.com, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, to fulfill your requests for certain Newsletters and email communications from us, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide: Generally, your use of the Penny Calling Penny services does not require you to disclose so much personal information about yourself but we might require certain personal information in order to provide you with certain services that we offer.
“Personal Information” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data and a few other categories of information, from a few different sources, as described below.
We receive the information you provide to us when you:
- When you post User Generated content or provide us with service feedback on our site or online community, the information contained in such user-generated content will be stored on our servers and will be available to be seen by other users who make use of the Penny Calling Penny service.
- We also collect other types of Personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the website or Services you are able to use.
- Automated information collection
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information: When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
The type of cookies we use can be generally be categorized under one of the four categories below. These are cookies required for our Site’s operation and to provide you with the best browsing experience and they fall into the following categories:
- Essential Cookies (Also known as Necessary Cookies): These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing certain areas of the site and the services that we make available to you. Without these cookies, some services such as our affiliate program and other linked/third-party website activities can’t be provided.
- Performance/Analytical Cookies: These allow us to gather information about how you make use of the website, recognize and count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This cookie helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. The information we collect using these cookies does not gather information about your identity. All information collected using this cookie is anonymous and is only used to improve how the site works.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide personalization and enhanced functionality. For instance, they can be used to remember your name and location if you provide this information. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to your interests and may limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission. Please note, these cookies do not contain any of your personal information.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies enable social media functionality and tracks activities like content sharing with friends and networks on social media.
- Links: The Site and newsletters may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Web beacons can collect the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web beacon comes from, and the time the web beacon was viewed. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site.
Information automatically collected by third parties about you
What We Use Your Personal Information For
Generally, Penny Calling Penny uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our Site and the Services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service, and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the Penny Calling Penny service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons.
- identify you as a user of our service
- Personalize your experience with our products and services and we may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you on our Site.
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site and services such as Penny Calling Penny market research to understand the interests and preferences of our existing users;
- measure and analyze audience traffic, including tracking user interests, trends, and patterns;
- help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings and deliver to you appropriate interest-based content;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes;
- understand whether our users read e-mail messages and click on links within those messages;
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products, services and community and prevent misuse;
- To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Penny Calling Penny Service
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, partners and affiliates;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
Personal Information That We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site because we are committed to maintaining your trust, except as described below:
- Service Providers: We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal information to provide services on our behalf.
- Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Penny Calling Penny’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Penny Calling Penny Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Penny Calling Penny Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Penny Calling Penny Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you are a user of the Penny Calling Penny Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal information until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Keeping Your Data Safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your data and as such, Penny Calling Penny takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
We at Penny Calling Penny greatly respects your privacy. Nevertheless, we do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Penny Calling Penny products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newsletters, or other public means to post a notice.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; Effective January 1, 2020:
If you’re a California resident, you may have some additional privacy rights regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Penny Calling Penny, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, or to a third party and we have prepared additional disclosures and notices consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
You are entitled to request notice of certain information about the user information that we may share with third parties for marketing purposes (e.g., the categories of user information shared, and contact information of applicable third parties), as well as request that we disclose to you what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about you, and the right to request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain about you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send us an email with your written request.
California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described above.
Children Under the Age Of 13
Penny Calling Penny’s website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe Or Opt-Out
If you have subscribed to our e-mail newsletters, you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from future mailings by logging into your account and modifying your preferences. You will also have the opportunity to “opt-out” of commercial e-mail from the applicable Penny Calling Penny service by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. Penny Calling Penny will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
CAN-SPAM Act Compliance
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union (International) Users
Penny Calling Penny’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal information is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us